Full Day Demonstration Saturday, March 14, 2015
For this special day, Lyle will compress his two day demonstration into one. Some topics to be covered are:
- “First Cut” Evaluate wood log, chain saw the grain to the best use
- Green wood handling, Shrinkage, Pith, Turning, Finishing, Drying
- Turn natural edge bowl, Mounting without chucks, Keep it simple methods
- Swept back “Ellsworth grind” uses, Roughing cuts, Outside cuts, Inside cuts, Sheering cuts, Slicing cuts, Sheer scraping cuts, all with the same bowl gouge
- Reverse chucking and bottom applications
- Dynamics of hollow form turning, preventing catches, and 90 degree rule
- Turn a hollow form using Jamieson stabilizing handle for the Stewart type tools.
- Hollow forms the EASY and FUN way
$35 Early Registration,
$45 At the Door, Space Permitting
(Registration includes lunch & beverages)
212 N. Sullivan Road
Spokane Valley, WA 99037
Mail $35 Check, Payable to INW, to:
928 W. 17th Ave.
Spokane, WA 99203
Please include phone number & email address with your payment
In addition to the advertised demo, we have four spots remaining in a hands-on class on Tuesday, 3/18 from 9:00 – 5:30. The topic is hollowing with the Jamieson hollowing tool and the cost is $125.00, with attendance at the Saturday demo as a prerequisite.
For More Information: John Altberg