The AAW has issued a Call for Entries for the juried exhibit “Rising” which is part of the 2014 Symposium. The theme of the exhibit is based on the name of the city that the symposium is being held in – Phoenix.
Entries will be accepted from November 1, 2013, until February 3, 2014. All applicants will receive email notification by March 31, 2014.
The entry fee is $30 for up to three submissions with a maximum of three submissions per member. Only one piece per member will be selected for the exhibit.
- Work must be created at least in part on the lathe.
- Work must have been created in the past 24 months.
- There is no size limit, but only a few oversized pieces will be accepted due to space and shipping limitations. Oversized is defined as shipping in a box that exceeds 108″ (207 cm) in overall dimension (2 × width + 2 × depth + length).
- The symposium venue does not accommodate wall-hung pieces.
- An artist statement describing how the piece fits the theme is required. Entries may be edited for length and clarity.
- You may upload up to three images per piece. Include one view of the overall piece. Additional detail images or alternate views are optional.
- Uploaded images must be in JPG format and 2100 pixels on the longest side.
- A full-color exhibition catalog will be available. Artists whose entries are selected will receive a complimentary catalog.
- Shipping or delivery to the Arizona venue is the artist’s responsibility. The AAW will pay return shipping fees. Work will be insured while in the exhibition and during return shipping.
More information can be found on the 2014 Symposium Page.